THE DEVIANT IS NOW BACK IN PRODUCTION!!
Deviant: successor to the popular GO Mini 1-meter DLG.
Have you always wanted a model that you can just get in the air and start flying whenever you get the urge? You need a Deviant in your life :)
The Deviant is a successor to the GO Mini in many ways. It takes all that we have learned from the GO Mini and takes it a step further. Built on the proof that a large low-AR wing helps boost both the performance and handling of a 1-meter model, the Deviant continues with the low-AR design with optimizations to launch and penetration. Even in higher winds where other 1 meter models will struggle, the Deviant will stay on step, and when needed, it will take ballast like nothing else.
The construction has also been upgraded to the level of our BAMF models. Made in HAAS machined aluminum moulds, their fit and finish are second to none. And with the experience of our builders in Ukraine, you can expect the quality to be the best on the market.
While the models have retained a full-carbon structure, the foam core has been swapped from the GO Mini's XPS core to Rohacell for better stiffness, ease of build and repairs, and resistance to hanger rash.
The nosecone design makes it very easy to handle the model on the field, and when you damage the nosecone, you can swap it out for a new nosecone helping keep the model looking fresh.
Images shown are a representation of the model only and may differ slightly due to the handmade nature of the model.
- Solid Cascell core molded wing and tails
- CW20 / CW30 / CW40 Carboweave wing skin
- CW20 tail skin
- 1-piece fuselage
- 1-piece wing
- Easy to build four in pod setup
- Removable wing
- Removable horizontal tail
- Wing: Solid Cascell core, Carboweave STF, carbon spar and reinforcements
- Fuselage: Carbon, fibreglass
- Tail group: Solid Cascell core, Carboweave STF, carbon spar
- High launch
- Large speed range
- Great climb rate
- Sensitive to light thermals
- High L/D and penetration
- Friendly handling
- 'Feels' like a bigger 1.5m model
- Wing airfoil: Based on Synergy 2
- Wing area: 13.28 dm²
- Wingspan: 995mm
- Light AUW: ~140 grams
- Standard AUW: ~150 grams
- Strong AUW: ~160 grams
- Receiver: FrSky GR6, FrSky R6, D4R-ii, Spektrum AR410, Futaba R3004SB, Jeti R4L
- Servos: 4* KST X06 v6
- Battery: 350 mAh 1S LiPo
- Horizontal tail
- Vertical tail
- Pull-string wire
- Crimp tubes for pull-string
- Spring for tails
- ArmSoar 3D throwing blade (light)
- Tail screws
- Wing screws
- Wing control horns
- Elevator control horn
- Rudder control horn
- Wing pushrod wires
- Wing pushrod carbon sleeves
- Pull-string wire guide tubes
- Servo tray
- Deviant assembly manual
- Deviant throwing blade installation template (PDF)
- Deviant RC Groups discussion thread
I bought a Deveant to use as my return to hand launch gliders. I the distant past I flew javelin launch gliders and the deviant looked like a good way to learn discus launch. I am very impressed with the build quality. I only have a few flights with it but it handles great and once dialed in will be a fantastic glider.
I picked up a Deviant as my first dlg and still enjoy flying it regularly. Goes up like it’s full of helium. I find it can handle a surprising amount of wind without ballast. Very nimble and the compact wingspan is great for flying in tight spaces. Some of the highlights from my first year flying it https://youtu.be/TYYs4rWUEJY