BAMF 2, 2-Piece Wing
Due to the invasion of Ukraine where our models are produced, we do not have a clear date on when we will have these models back in stock. Please sign up to our newsletter for updates.
From the experience flying the BAMF for the past several years and taking a look at the events on the world stage... it seems that higher heights and higher penetration are always required to keep pushing forward. It seems that competition is biasing towards planes that penetrate very strongly with less disturbance from turbulence.
Aerodynamically, the wing shape was modified to be less affected by turbulence while the lift is slightly increased closer to the root. All cross-sections on the fuselage are decreased and the pushrod exits are further refined for a tighter install. In terms of flying philosophy, we feel there are two ways to tackle high winds: fly extremely fast with a lower L/D so you can reach somewhere faster, so even though L/D is lower you will reach the target area quicker and less affected by the outside forces (wind & turbulence), or secondly slightly slower than extreme but retain very high L/D so even though it may take you a few seconds to get back you should get back with a little extra height.
Personally I am not an extremely aggressive pilot with 40 hours of stick time per week, so I have always preferred the second method of tackling wind. As such, the Vibe was designed that way and if you've flown it, you will know it's not the fastest out there but comes back home with height to spare. Think of the BAMF 2 as taking what the Vibe had but further increasing the L/D and with a very strong launch height ability.
Mechanically, I have always wanted/needed a model that can really break down small. As such, the BAMF 2 comes with a center split 2-piece wing with a fat carbon joiner, with the option of a very simple removable fin that will be strong enough for *most* pilots. For extremely powerful launchers, it's probably still safer to glue the fin on. The nose is extended to reduce the need for nose weight and to make gear selection, install and maintenance extremely easy.
Of course, the BAMF 2 will continue to be made in Ukraine where we have had an incredible few years of production success. All models are made with solid Cascell cores, carbon shear webs, and high-quality finish.
Images shown are a representation of the model only and may differ slightly due to the handmade nature of the model.
- Solid Cascell moulded wing and tails
- Light: CW30 skin
- Standard: CW40 skin
- Strong: Co-axial CW60 skin
- Tails: CW20 skin
- 1-piece fuselage
- 2-piece wing (centre split)
- Right-handed launch (please message us for left-handed version)
- Removable wing
- Removable horizontal tail
- Removable vertical tail (optional during build)
- Incredibly high launching
- Cuts through wind and turbulence at low weight
- Wingspan: 1495 mm
- Wing area: 18.55 dm²
- Wing airfoil: modified Synergy 2
- Horizontal tail area: 2.0 dm²
- Light AUW: ~205-210 grams
- Standard AUW: ~215-220 grams
- Strong AUW: ~225-230 grams
- Receiver: FrSky GR6, FrSky R6, Spektrum AR410, AR6610T, Futaba R3004SB
- Servos: 4* KST A08N v6, 4* X08N v6
- Battery: 1S LiPo 350 mAh or 500 mAh
- Left wing panel
- Right wing panel
- Horizontal tail
- Vertical tail
- Wing joiner
- Pull-string wire
- Crimp tubes for pull-string
- Springs for tail
- ArmSoar 3D throwing blade (light)
- Tail screws
- Wing screws
- Wing control horns
- Elevator control horns
- Rudder control horn
- Wing pushrod wires
- Wing pushrod sleeves
- BAMF2 assembly manual
- BAMF 2 throwing blade installation template (PDF)
- BAMF 2 RC Groups discussion thread
Can’t wait to get this built, and in the air. 👍😎