Come join us! Our team is growing and we're seeking radio control enthusiasts to join our team. If you're passionate about radio control soaring and want to be part of a fun, exciting and fast growing team, take a look below to see our currently open position(s)!
Please forward your cover letter, resume and any relevant portfolios (if needed) to email@example.com, we look forward to hearing from you.
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER - RICHMOND, BC
ArmSoar Solutions is a world leader in the high-performance composite radio control sailplane industry, with products enjoyed by enthusiasts worldwide. Over the past ten years, multiple national teams have used our products to take podium finishes at the World Championships, World Cup, European Championships and other international and national events.
ArmSoar Solutions is looking for a full-time Industrial Designer to join our team in Richmond, BC. The successful candidate will work with our team to push the performance envelope and develop new products, primarily for the FAI F3K, F5K and F5J competition classes.
- Develop new products, primarily F3K, F5K and F5J composite sailplanes
- Define and create product specifications
- Create mechanical designs and drawings in Fusion 360
- Coordinate with the European manufacturing team for prototyping
- Evaluate production quality and recommend improvements to production processes if needed
- Evaluate structural performance and recommend composite layup schedule improvements if needed
- Evaluate flight performance and refine product design if needed
- Ongoing product development, testing and optimization after serial production begins
- Assist and collaborate with other internal or external teams
- 3+ years experience with F3K, F5K or F5J composite sailplane design (mandatory, please list designs in application)
- 3+ years experience in F3K, F5K or F5J competitions at the local, national or international level
- Strong understanding of composites manufacturing, specifically wet carbon fibre layups
- Develop production-ready CAD models using Fusion 360
- Proficient with 3D printers and 3-axis CNC mills
- Proficient with Fusion 360 and Microsoft Office
- Proficient in radio control composite sailplane assembly for prototyping and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Plus if you have prior experience in consumer electronics design
- Significant plus if one or more of your prior F3K, F5K or F5J designs have achieved podium results in any international event within the past 5 years
- International travel will be required to test and observe products in competition environments
- This is a permanent position; contract work will not be considered
ArmSoar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Job Types: Full time (35 hours work week), Permanent
Salary: $31-35 per hour
Additional Pay: Bonus based on sales and competition performance of the product(s) you design
Applications: Please note “Industrial Designer Position Application” in the email subject line. We appreciate all applications, however, only applicants that meet the posted qualifications and experience will be contacted. Thank you.
- Flexible schedule
- Casual dress
- May work from home up to three days per week if desired
- 15 vacation days per year
- Remote interviews via Zoom
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Work from home except for product testing
- Social distancing in place during product testing
- Virtual meetings and communications
- Sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning processes in place